Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Thing I Didn't Go To...

It's a beautiful day. I was out walking and admiring it when I encountered a whole bunch of people walking along with me. Then I remembered: Hempfest. It was going on at Myrtle Edwards Park. Like Christmas, it comes but once a year. But unlike Christmas (which I really like) I'm completely indifferent to it. Many people weren't. And attendance wasn't confined solely to hippies. There were lots of retarded-looking high school kids and various and sundry others. I had no intention of going, but I wanted to get a shot of those who did go. Check it out:

This is just a small portion of the line to get in. Admission was free - if you were sporting a bad tattoo. There were oodles of those. But I kid; it was free for everybody who was enthusiastic about weed. Me, I'm not. I also don't play very well with hippies, so I took this picture and fled. I'm proud to say that in all the years of the Hempfest, I haven't gone once. This year upholds that tradition.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I too lurk (I can't avoid it as I live by there) without ever visiting. The naked cyclists made the crowds on the way happy, though.

triptrumpet said...

Never underrate people-watching even if you don't wanna get your hemp on.