Monday, August 3, 2009

Sidewalk Sale 3 (in 3-D)??

It seems that most of people selling stuff had such a nice time and sold so much stuff that they want to do it again soon. I have no objection to that. By yesterday afternoon, I was so exhausted that I left my LPs on the sidewalk for the other people to sell for me while I caught a crucial nap. What happened? I sold about $30 more, which brings my haul from this weekend to $160. Golly, those albums just sold themselves!

So the prevailing feeling is that we need another sale before football season starts. The tentative date should be August 15 & 16. By that time, everybody who bought stuff from us this weekend will have either broken or lost it, so they'll need more.

I'll let you know more as details become available. One thing's for sure, I'm not gonna be out there at 8:00 in the morning next time. Most of the business came in the afternoon, so the morning was spent listening to crazy people talking to themselves and waiting for actual customers to show.

No comments: