Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome to the Neighborhood!

I was sad to see Rockin' Burrito go. I never ate there; it's just that they were nice enough to let me hang a Mackris v. O'Reilly poster there two and a half years ago. See, I'm easily pleased. And easily saddened. At first, it appeared that they were merely remodeling, but they're really gone. Godspeed, sweet poster-allowers! What's to become of that space at 4th & Wall? How about a Mediterranean place called Petra? OK, fine with me!

They're not open yet, but from the look of it, they will be soon. Here's what their very own window says about them:

I dunno, there's something slightly disturbing about the phrase "from around the Mediterranean Sea." It's like they garnish their dishes with drifting plastic and styrofoam. That's another thing you find around the Mediterranean. Nevertheless, this place sounds pretty yummy. I'll be sure to visit it more often than Rockin' Burrito.

No comments: