Friday, August 21, 2009

By the Way, the Youth Hostel's Almost Open

I'll always think of it as the William Tell, but that is neither here nor there. The most important thing is that this hostel will soon be internationally famous. People will go out of their way to stay there. Parts of it are crazy and bizarre. I'm not sure whether I'd want to sleep in a room where there's a giant mural of people with bug-heads, but it's nice to know that people have a choice. And just let me restate that this is one of the best additions to Belltown in the last 20 years. There's a Times story about it here. One day, I'll get in there and take some pictures, but for now, check out that exterior!

Damn those cedar trees! I hate them so! Where's my chainsaw??

OK, this is a little better. Even though I hate the trees, I'm just so very excited and proud to have this project here in the neighborhood. I wish them a very merry grand opening.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

They're open to the public again for the next artwalk.