Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Got Lunch from a Pig-Shaped Truck

OK, this isn't in Belltown, but it's pretty close. It's the Maximus-Minimus lunch truck. It sets up every day except Sunday in the parking lot at 2nd & Pike and deals out pork sandwiches. Who on earth wouldn't want to buy pork from a pig-shaped truck? Oh yeah, vegetarians. Well, they also have veggie sandwiches, but I hear those aren't so good. Anyhow, this is what we're dealing with here:

This is the non-business side. Very porcine, no?

Here's the business side along with the crowd it attracts. There's even a guy who's looking at me! I hear rumors that the truck may start making visits to Belltown. But for the time being, it remains 2nd & Pike's biggest attraction.

You know, this is the first time I've accepted any food from a truck in ages - and it wasn't bad. Of course, the Buffalo Deli's barbecue pork sandwich is tons better, but the Buffalo Deli is not shaped like a Buffalo, nor like a pig or any animal for that matter. So yes, I recommend Maximus-Minimus - just eat your sandwich quickly because it doesn't stay warm for long.

No comments: