Saturday, August 15, 2009

Coming Soon to the Moore!


Here's a stand-up comedian I sort of halfway know. He was a writer for Conan O'Brien (no great honor since the writing for his show kind of generally sucks) and he has his own show on Comedy Central. Most importantly, however, he was the "third Conchord" on Flight of the Conchords. I really like that show. The second season is even better than the first. I'm especially fond of the episode where Jermaine sleeps with an Australian girl and spends the entire time being terrified of her and trying to figure out whether she's mocking his accent. Hilarious stuff. I think I'll watch it now. You're probably wondering what all this has to do with Demetri Martin, who, incidentally spells his first name all wrong - it's either Dmitri or Demetre. Those are the only two sanctioned spellings in my book. Anyhow, where does Martin figure into this hilarity? He doesn't. He was only on for one episode. But I'm sure his parents love him very much.

No comments: