Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hey! The V-Bar Is Open for V-Business!


Well, that didn't take very long (probably because they kept Saito's original layout intact). I was just walking past it today around lunchtime and there were actual humans in there eating actual food. I haven't seen their menu, but I'm sure it's fine. Noodles, like Christmas tunes, are very difficult to screw up. In order to do that, you need much determination. I believe that these V-Bar folks would rather serve good noodles than to not.

Yes, I'm still devastated about Saito's closing, but apparently Saito himself is happy about it and looks forward to opening a new high-end place sometime in the future. I sincerely hope that the V-Bar lives up to Saito's former quality. But even if they don't, let's welcome them to the neighborhood!

By the way, the V-Bar is located on 2nd Ave., between Blanchard and Lenora and right across the street from the lovely Rivoli Apartments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my name is Andrew (DJ Ratticus) i'm a dj at kurrent. my friend vin (former owner of Kurrent) mention about his friend's bar call V-bar. I'm hopeing to dj this friday night august 21 2009. Hopeing to turn V-bar into a fun place. spinnig music 80s,90s, funk, hip hop, retro, and house music.