Saturday, August 8, 2009

There's a Hole, There's a Hole, There's a Hole!

I knew there was a hole at 2nd & Bell. It's been there for a few months, just doing whatever a hole does. But the city has gotten pretty serious about it during the last week.

From looking at the site, you can't tell much. It's just heavy equipment, orange vests and a cop to chase away anybody who wants to cross there. But look at this:

Yeah, it's at least 15 feet deep. I had no idea Belltown went down that far! I wish I'd been able to capture the scope of it. It's pretty epic; there were two guys down there helping to fill the excavator's bucket.

Here's what I think is going on: it has something to do with the mole people. Back in June, they were our allies. Now they hate us and want our concrete. In order to thwart that, we are attempting to flood their realm with surface light. Without the proper eyewear, their heads will explode and our concrete supply will be safe. Haven't we tried diplomacy yet? I thought we believed in that again. Or are the mole people just that crazy about our tasty concrete? As the facts become known, I will convey them to you.

No comments: