Sunday, October 4, 2009

Your Sunday Squirrel


I never really thought about becoming an amateur squirrel photographer until I took this picture. I just always assumed that squirrels never held still for long enough to be photogenic in any sense of the word. But I lucked out with this little fellow (and many others after him). He almost appears to be smiling, but of course, squirrels aren't capable of that. I do have to say that I haven't seen this guy around for quite a while, which just makes me wonder what the life expectancy is for your average Denny Park squirrel. I mean, there are busy streets on three sides of this relatively small patch of land. And squirrels aren't exactly traffic savvy. I would hate to think that Mr. Featured Squirrel is no longer with us, but that's a grim reality that they face living where they do. Maybe he just hangs out in the highest parts of Denny Park's trees and yells squirrel obscenities at crows.

No comments: