Saturday, October 17, 2009

Coming Soon to the Moore!


This guy is a stand-up comic who was featured in the movie Funny People, which I haven't seen but I'm told that the title was semi-ironic, because comedians, as a rule, are desperately unhappy and not very fun to be around. Of course, onstage it's a completely different matter. They're funny and everybody laughs. When the laughter stops, that's when things get complicated. Apparently, Funny People was quite good. And this guy was in it. I don't know how big his role was, but he got some screen time.

I took this shot of the Moore marquee this morning while I was on my way to the gym. It turns out that I forgot my clothes - my gym clothes, not my going-out-in-public clothes, so no working out occurred. I blame Bo Burnham. I'm going out to see La Traviata tonight. I hope I remember my shoes. If I do forget them, I'll just blame Bo Burnham for that, too. It's so convenient blaming a stand-up comedian you've never heard of!

Oh, and just a note on yesterday's post. I'd like to clarify that I actually do think that Grizzly Bear has some very nice music. Very nice, OK? But they're also creepy - "Two Weeks" video! Hello? I can only watch that for about 20 seconds, because all the guys look like ventriloquist's dummies. Plus they have a dumb name. Other than that, they rock. So there.

No comments: