Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is He Back?

While I taking a stroll beyond Belltown's confines today, I saw this at 9th & Olive:

Why, if it isn't my old pal, Scary Skull Guy! You know, I don't get to 9th & Olive very often, so for all I know, this has been there for months. No, I don't think Scary Skull Guy is back - sorry to get your hopes up. I think this is just a "farewell skull" or something like that. I haven't seen anything new by him in Belltown in more than two months. He's packed up, gone bye-bye, hit the trail, taken a powder and other idiomatic expressions meaning "departed from here." But Scary Skull Guy, in case you're reading this and contemplating a comeback, just keep this in mind: if you make a scary skull outside of Belltown (to summarize: not between Stewart & Denny and Western & 6th), it doesn't count. Let's see what you got.

No comments: