Friday, October 23, 2009

Here's a Good, Old-Fashioned, Street-Blocking Belltown Protest

Last night as I was hurrying off to trivia at Jillian's, I noticed a rumpus going on at 4th & Lenora, in front of the Cinerama. Here's what it looked like:

The topic of the protest was police brutality. These guys were against it. Gosh, I can't remember the last time there was a protest for police brutality. Anyhow, these guys blocked off 4th Ave., chanted a few things over bullhorns and moved off up Lenora:

There was quite a sizable police presence along their route. I want to stress that the cops were busting no heads at all; they were just handling traffic. You know, when I got my crossing-against-the-light ticket back in July, the cop was quite brutal, come to think of it - brutally a jerk! OK, so the protesters went their way and I went mine. I ended up at a bar and, when they were finished marching, I'm pretty sure most of the protesters did too.

No comments: