Wednesday, October 21, 2009

After Hours

France Gall. Was will ein Boy?

France baby, do you really want me to answer that question? OK, after a seemingly endless hiatus, we have the lovely and tiny France Gall singing in German once again. You'll remember that her last clip I posted was also in German. That was the dreadful/hilarious "Der Computer Nr. 3." Like that track, this one is bit of complete harmlessness from 1967. I'm a little surprised at how many tunes she sang in German. Many of them were exclusively in German - they weren't translations of her French singles. Golly, I thought the French really, really hated the Germans during that era. I mean, when I first traveled to Europe in the early eighties, the French were still very angry at the Germans for what they'd done 40+ years before. But it's nice to know that France (the singer, not the country) was doing her tiny, off-key part to placate France's (the country, not the singer) bellicose neighbor. Well, good for her! As the Germans say: Guten Appetit!

No comments: