Sunday, October 4, 2009

Speaking of Squirrel Life Expectancy...

Right across the street, in front of the DSHS Building, there's a little piece of plastic sticking up in the tree bed, like so:

I was walking past it, when I thought I'd give it a glance. This is what it says:

Apparently, that's a poor squirrel's final resting place. I'd like to think it's somebody's idea of a joke, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't. And no, I didn't dig it up to check for sure. I'm not a ghoul or anything. So the poor squirrel wanders into Belltown (most likely from Denny Park) and doesn't survive the outing. I feel bad about that. But it's nice that some nice folks made her an impromptu memorial. It would have been nice for her to live to a ripe, old age, but for a Denny Park squirrel, that's a very long bet.

No comments: