Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Day at the Fair

Among many, many things that Belltown does not have is a state fair. There's just not enough room. Luckily, there's tons of empty space up in Monroe. I used to go to this fair every single year. Believe it or not, it was one of the summer's high points. These days, it's just a place to watch pig races and eat deep fried ice cream.

These two guys are my nephews:

It was job to keep them entertained. It wasn't very difficult. I just stuck them on the merry-go-round a few times:


Then I introduced them to Uncle Sam:

They put on army helmets:

They pretended to be sheep:

And then they met a real sheep:

That's how I kept them from being bored.

We walked around the fair, which looks like this most of the time:

And we looked at scary rides like this one:

Here we are:

This shot just screams: "Hey ladies, I am a caring nurturer. You can tell because my nephews aren't running away from me. And yes, I enjoy watching Grey's Anatomy and talking about my feelings."

Later on, we met up with my sister. Here she is in the riding arena, wearing lots of sparkles:

Here's the rest of the drill team. They're also really sparkly:

And then we left. The end.

No comments: