Monday, September 14, 2009

After Hours

Zhanna Friske & Diskoteka Avariya (Disco Disaster). Malinki

Happy Zhanna Friske Monday to you! This video doesn't feature much of Zhanna's singing. Instead, she gets to react to the antics of little people who are really Diskoteka Avariya in disguise. Well, in reality they're not little, but thanks to the magic of editing they appear that way. You'll also notice there's a lot of rapping in this. What are they going on about? Beats me! I mean, they need to slow down if they want me understanding them! I think you'll agree with me when I say that rap in Russian sounds pretty stupid.

The video's story is pretty simple: they find her, amuse her with their smallness and she takes them on tour. After all, they're awesome rappers. It's quite unusual that Zhanna isn't doing her usual writhing and being all blatant and stuff. This is a first. And, although I haven't seen every single Zhanna Friske video in the world, I predict it's the last time we see her so tame and innocuous.

No comments: