Saturday, September 26, 2009

Coming Soon to the Moore!


I've seen this guy's shtick a few times. He reminds me of a cross between Mort Saul and Gilbert Gottfried; he's both acerbic and obnoxious. His thing is riffing on stuff that annoys him. I remember a few years back he totally unloaded on George W. Bush. Yeah, it was fun to hear and all, but only about four years too late. And by that time, everybody pretty much realized that Bush was a terrible president and a sub-par human being, to boot. So yes, Black was just jumping on the bandwagon. It would have been a lot cooler if he'd started his Bush-bashing in, say, 2003. Of course, he would have gotten totally Dixie Chicked, but that's the time we needed it. You know, Bush's habit of tossing out endless malapropisms wasn't a byproduct of his being "plainspoken." No, it showed a remarkable lack of understanding for even the most basic issues. It was true his first day in office and it's true today. But Black and a host of others (with the one huge exception of David Cross) only came out when it was safe. I'm sure he's moved on, as Bush is no longer topical (and thank God for that), so he's probably griping about airline food and women drivers. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't find him particularly funny.

No comments: