Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oh, the Humanity!

Are you sitting down? This is some heavy news: Saito's is closed. Yes, I've been in denial for the last three days even though I saw them take down the sign on Sunday. I told myself that they were going to replace it with some kind of super-sign to really get folks to come in, but deep down I knew that the dream was over. Saito's was probably the best sushi restaurant in the city. And it was right across the street! Of course, quality has its price; it was expensive and I didn't go very often. But when I was able to afford it, oh, the excellence! The problem was that much of the general public also couldn't afford it either. Rather than lower their quality (and prices), they closed.

I'm devastated. I totally miss the place already.

No comments: