Monday, July 20, 2009

Coming Soon to the Moore!

Well gosh, I thought that the Moore was all on summer hiatus and whatnot, but they've got something going before Blue October sweeps into town and sings songs about clinical depression.

Notice that there's no date or time for the show? This can mean one of two things: 1.) That this event is so hip and exclusive that it doesn't need you and besides, if you were anybody halfway cool, you'd know when to show up, because such information is only circulated by those who are constantly ahead of the trend curve. (They're the same people who say, "I used to like Britney Spears, but then she got too commercial.") Or, 2.) This show promises to be so phenomenally bad that it's probably best not to attend. The Old Couple? What's that, a send-up of The Odd Couple? When I think of writing a parody, I always start with 44 year-old Broadway plays. Next up, my take on Splendor in the Park. It's called Splendor in the Pork. Get it?? Hoo boy, I really do amuse myself sometimes!

So basically, nobody wants you to go to this show for a variety of reasons. And I think it might be wise to stay away, because many things in "slam" form are best left alone.

No comments: