Friday, November 20, 2009

Eye Guy x 5

This work has been up for a while at 4th & Battery, but I thought I'd share it. Here's what it looks like from across the street:

Doesn't look like anything, right? Well, when you get closer, you see the trademark eye on every single Zip Car spot:





That's five total. Question: what kind of animal has five eyes? Beats me! I prefer the minimalist approach; less is more. Drawing five eyes on five signs just because they're there doesn't make any kind of statement. It doesn't provide any context. It's just five eyes on five signs. Eye guy, if it was your goal to impress with lots of eyes, you have failed. Show me something better, OK?

3 comments:

jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jodi said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toastylady/4093734221/in/pool-seattlest

So, do you think eye guy would ever put the eye on the actual eye?

Igor Keller said...

Gosh, I don't think he's quite ready yet. He needs to start on some opticians and then work his way up to that eye. It's a journey.