Tuesday, November 10, 2009

After Hours

Sheila. Blancs, jaunes, rouges, noirs

Hey, it's Sheila! And she's singing about equality - in French! And she gets to sing in front of a bunch of cut-outs with mushroom-heads! Up until about a month ago, I hadn't even heard of Sheila. I couldn't believe that she'd sold 70-odd million records. But the more of her videos I see from back in the day, the more I realize that she was really quite a good performer. Yes, even during her reign as France's disco diva in the late seventies. I'd like to feature those tunes, but unfortunately, they're all in English. I've found that her best stuff spans from the late sixties to the early seventies. This tune is right there. So is this one. And the good news is that there are still plenty of her tunes on the YouTubes. So stay tuned, willya?

No comments: