Monday, November 9, 2009

After Hours

Code Red. Kanikuly (Vacation)

Welcome again to bad Russian pop Monday! Today's offering shows a young woman's inspiring and transformative journey from being a trashy schoolgirl to a trashy party-hopper, after just a brief half-hearted pillow fight. And it's so like real life! I mean, don't you remember all those girls in class, wearing short skirts and knee socks and sucking on lollipops? And how they also wore pigtails and looked like they were in their mid-twenties? I remember it like it was yesterday. This video was purportedly filmed in Poland with Poles in the supporting cast, but I assure you that it's in Russian - except for the part that goes, "How do-ya do-ya do." That's briefly in English. Oh, and I apologize for that weird bit of Polish at the end. Lord knows what it's about. I have lots of trouble reading/understanding Slavic languages that don't use the Cyrillic alphabet. Honestly, the Latin alphabet is not very accommodating to Slavic. It makes a lovely language like Polish read very roughly for people like me. I blame Catholicism. They made their Slavic flock use the Latin alphabet, while the Orthodox crew stuck with Cyrillic. I truly believe that the Orthodox guys got the better end of the deal.

No comments: