Monday, November 2, 2009

Coming Soon to the Moore!


Yes, he spells his first name just like "bath" or yoga." From the photo they use for his poster, I can tell he's a singer-songwriter. It's just a shot of him gazing soulfully off-camera and it's in black-and-white. If he was a comic, the shot would most likely be in color with him looking directly into the camera either smiling or making a silly face. I guess by now you've surmised that I've never heard of this guy. You are correct. My apologies to all Mat Kearney fans everywhere. From his very, very, very long bio on the STG site, his approach sounds a bit like John Vanderslice. Well, maybe Vanderslice is a bit more eclectic, but they seem to be cut from the same basic cloth - except that Vanderslice tends to look into the camera for all of his poster photos. Speaking of Vanderslice, he was at the Crocodile in September. I didn't see him and I regret it. I'm not going to see Mat Kearney and I don't regret it in advance. Once again, apologies to all Mat Kearney fans everywhere.

No comments: