Sunday, November 15, 2009

Coming Soon to the Moore!


When I was walking up to this, all I could see of it was "Seattle Int'l Caba." I just figured that the last word was "cabal" - you know, Bill Gates, Paul Allen and Nathan Myhrvold dividing the Earth into spheres of influence and selecting the winners of the next five Super Bowls. But then I got to thinking that if it's a cabal, why are they advertising it? And why would they have it at the Moore? Wouldn't, say, some mountaintop lair be more appropriate? The answers are: I don't know, I don't know and yes, it would. But that was not the case anyway. The "caba" was "cabaret." So, without finding out anything about this performance, let's just wish all the performers good luck and we should remind them that in cabaret, as in vaudeville, timing is everything.

No comments: