Sunday, January 31, 2010

Your Sunday Squirrel


One of the things I like about squirrels is that they often stand on their haunches. This makes them seem a lot less like rodents and more, well, human. Mice and rats rarely eat standing up, but squirrels do it almost exclusively. True, they're not the smartest animals on the planet, but when you can climb a tree like that, do you need to be? Recent theories about human evolution purport that the reason why our brains grew to such a comparatively large size is that we had no specialization. So basically, squirrels' great climbing ability is their greatest hindrance toward becoming super-intelligent. But if that day ever arrives, I'm betting their number one industry will be tail extensions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read some good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you place to create such a wonderful informative website.

Look at my webpage location voiture casablanca