Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This Also Happened - 1

Around Christmas during my hiatus, enroute to Denny Park, this caught my eye:

Yeah, a broken window that large is a little tough to ignore. I tried my best but did not succeed. The window belongs to a run-down storefront garage a few doors away from Bad Animals Studio on 4th, between Blanchard & Bell. Somebody must have felt like breaking something and this window was in range. It's fixed now, but I'm still a little perplexed as to why this place was slated for mayhem. I mean, there are so many nicer places that have windows. Were they hoping to make the ugliest section of 4th Avenue even uglier or was it more of a spontaneous thing? I don't think robbery was a motive, because there are cars along the street day and night. It doesn't make sense to break into a garage in order to break into a car when you can just break into a car. My theory is that there was a brick-throwing contest and things got out of hand. That's the only way I can explain it.

No comments: