Sunday, January 10, 2010

Your Sunday Squirrel


This is my all-time favorite squirrel photo. I took it last summer and I'm not entirely sure how it turned out so nice and weird at the same time. For one thing, the little guy stayed still long enough for me to take a fairly close-up shot and for another, a small patch of sunlight over-saturates the whole top left corner in a really interesting way. This is the original shot; there hasn't been any digital massaging done to it. You know, digital photography was supposed to deliver dependable, non-thrilling results, but the more pictures I take, the more I realize that the pictures can change from moment to moment. This is an example of that. Another few seconds earlier or later and it would have looked totally different. If I could just figure out how to recreate it, I could take a whole pile of interesting photos. For the time being, however, I'll just stick to Belltown.

No comments: