Monday, January 25, 2010

Coming Soon to the Moore!


Well, this looks a worthwhile thing. Gosh, Haiti's bad luck has reached almost Slavic levels. They've got widespread poverty, an ineffective government, an ongoing environmental crisis and now an earthquake. I hope something good can come of this, but I'm not holding my breath. At this point, if the quake's survivors don't die of hunger or thirst, I guess we can consider that a victory. What happens to them from here on out is uncertain. Their society has collapsed. Will rebuilding it as it was do anybody any good? Is there any other way to approach it than simply clinging to the old ways? Gosh, these questions are beyond my pay grade. Besides giving money, there's nothing else to do but wish Haitians the best in getting through this ordeal.

No comments: