Saturday, January 30, 2010

Coming Soon to the Moore!


I've heard from several people that, while they really like Paula on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, they're truly afraid that her standup routine will suck. I'm with them there. Initially, Paula wasn't so great on WWDTM; she was poorly informed and her timing was completely off. But she actually started reading the newspaper and playing off her fellow panelists (especially Roy Blount Jr.), so now she can keep up with everybody else to the point where she occasionally wins. This gig is just gonna be her alone and, like I said, there is great cause for apprehension. But honestly, she can't be any worse than Bob Saget.

Here's something else I discovered this week. You know, since I discovered The Venture Bros., I've been trolling the Adult Swim depths for something comparable. This has led me to Metalocalypse, which is occasionally funny. It's not Ventures Bros. caliber, but it has its moments. For those unaware, it's a cartoon series about what the world would be like if an idiotic black metal band were the richest and most popular entertainment act in the world. Anyhow, I was watching it this week and noticed that there's some similar hair-action going on. Observe:

Paula Poundstone, and...

William Murderface

Similar! Just the hair. Am I right?

No comments: