Saturday, January 16, 2010

Afer Hours: Ska-turday Edition

Madness. One Step Beyond

New feature! You know, there's a whole heck of a lot of 2nd wave ska on YouTube, so I'm gonna post some classic from those bygone days every Saturday. Today's offering is Madness' wonderful first single. My absolute favorite moment is at 1:28, where they're all walking down the street in unison. It only lasts for something like two seconds, but it is so very cool. Of course, Madness would go on to mainstream stardom with "Our House" and later rename themselves as The Madness (ugh!), but this is the version of Madness that we all know and love. In the future, I'll post many other ska classics. You'll know that I'm getting short on material when I start posting videos by (*groan*) the Selector. Lord, I hate those guys. Anyhow, enjoy the antics of Madness.

No comments: