Friday, January 8, 2010

The Bell Tower's New Look - 2

A few weeks ago, I posted something about the Bell Tower's new paint job. I think everyone agrees that it's a bold step toward making the building appear less slab-like. The only problem was that my picture was no good. I finally remembered this week that I owed this terrible blog a better picture. Here it is:

Much better, no? I mean both the picture and the building's appearance, no? You're aware of my meticulous weekly scaffold updates, yes? Well, it seems that there's an extensive scaffold covering the Bell Tower's entire western face. It's been there since summer. Yeah, sure, I've known about it since then, but I've written nothing about it. Why? I guess it's because I've spent the better part of 20 years ignoring the place. And now is not the time to start noticing it in minute detail. This country has economic troubles! And that is my excuse. Thank you.

By the way, there was some speculation as to whether or not they would be adding retail space to their lot. Those plans have apparently been nixed, so we'll be having the same thrilling view of the building's more derelict residents smoking in the courtyard for years to come. O, happy day!

No comments: