Wednesday, January 13, 2010

McGuire Scaffold-Watch! Week: ???? + 39


The perspective may be different (I took this shot from 2nd & Bell), but the scaffold is the same. I'm pretty sure that the scaffold has been up for a year. It takes me a while to notice glaringly obvious stuff, but I seem to remember dodging some elements of scaffolding while walking down 2nd Ave. this time last year. What can I say? I'm not an observer. I'm also not an instigator. If I was and if I lived at the McGuire, oh baby, how I'd be instigating. I mean, does it really take a year to fix a poorly-constructed building? And exactly how poorly constructed is it? I'd want to know. I'd also want free rent. And then if the scaffold remained for more than a year and a half, I'd want them to pay me. It's only fair. And those are the things that I'd include in my instigating.

No comments: