Saturday, January 9, 2010

Oh, the Humanity!


Ronald Holden, my handsome and articulate blogging colleague over at the P-I was first to break this, but it's worth mentioning that Belltown Bistro is no more.

This is the second iteration of the Belltown Bistro - and the second one to close. When I first moved into the neighborhood, it was Club Belltown, which was closed down by the city after a rather large gunfight took place in their parking lot. I used to frequent the Belltown Bistro 1.0 a lot. I had a friend who couldn't stand cigarette smoke and the place was non-smoking back when that was a radical concept, so we went there. I don't think I ever made it to 2.0. I guess that was the problem. The recession coupled with increased competition from places like Buckley's must have done the poor place in. Well, sorry about that, guys.

If history is any indicator, there should be something going in there by the end of February. It's always been a bar/tavern and so it should stay. Please, nothing fancy. And try to think up a name that's better than Blush, OK?

No comments: