Friday, June 19, 2009

What the HELL???

As I've written in the past, I have always treasured how the Rivoli has remained an island of relative calm and sanity over the years. No matter what kind of crazy stuff was going on outside, I could always be certain that this building's doors would keep it from getting in. But look what some avowed dumbass did last night:


Now the Rivoli's hallways are getting tagged. Great. Thanks so much, DTC, now everybody knows you've been here. Never mind that no one cares. I realize it's important for you to scrawl your initials wherever you go just as it's important for a dog to pee on every other bush. Both you and the dog are just marking your territory. Well, here's the thing: the Rivoli is not your territory. Don't ever come here again. I'm sure that you don't live here - who would be so stupid as to tag inside his own building? - so obviously you were somebody's guest - and a real lousy one at that. Since the overwhelming majority of my neighbors' guests manage to visit and not tag, you lose the privilege of visiting here.

This isn't the first time the hallways have been tagged, but it's the first I've seen in more than a decade. So thanks for improving my hallway with your initials, you relentless douchebag. Your parents must be very proud.

No comments: