Tuesday, December 1, 2009

One-Day Menu-Madness at the 5 Point!


OK, I'm no shill for the 5 Point, but they keep sending me emails of some importance. I still haven't figured out how they got my address, but that cow is out of the barn, so let's move on. Here's the deal: to celebrate their 80th anniversary, new owners Mandy & Dave are rolling back prices to what they were in 1929. This is happening from 9am to 10pm on December 8th. You can score a decent breakfast for 25 cents, a burger with fries for 20 cents and a Pabst Blue Ribbon - the all-time worst beer in world history - will run you just a quarter. If you go, expect to see a lot of drunken people gorging themselves on eggs and burgers. Yeah, there's a pretty picture! And I predict that if the 5 Point survives this promotion, it will last another 80 years. If it doesn't, well, I'll claim credit for predicting its sad demise. End transmission.

No comments: