Wednesday, December 16, 2009

McGuire Scaffold-Watch! Week: ???? + 35


This is also the last McGuire Scaffold-Watch for 2009. I'm sure many of you are relieved. You're thinking, "Golly, this would be one of my favorite blogs if he didn't talk about the McGuire with such obvious derision." Well, I won't be kicking the McGuire around for the next few weeks. It's doing a good enough job of kicking itself around. By the way, pardon the water-spattered lens. It was raining very hard when I snapped this picture. It's still raining hard and I'd rather stay dry, so we'll go with this photo. No matter how much water got on the lens, it's still easy to tell that it's a poorly-constructed building with an ugly-ass scaffold around it. Do you see? I can't help the derision!

Who would have guessed when I started this blog way back in April that this scaffold would still be up? Me! That's who! Who else? Bueller? Bueller? I won't make exact predictions, because the cosmic world doesn't operate like that, but I will say that the scaffold will still be there on Memorial Day, crappin' up Belltown's unimpressive skyline. The spirits tell me that it may be there even longer. So that's it for the 2009 editions of Scaffold-Watch. Peace out.

No comments: