Thursday, December 31, 2009

After Hours

Natalka Karpa. Vpershe (At first)

OK, here's a tune whose title I can translate. Not only that, I can also understand the chorus. Whoop de doo! It goes something like: The first time I saw you, I fell in love with you. You stirred my soul, blah, blah, blah. Yeah, pure poetry right there. I just recently went to see Avatar and this looks a lot like James Cameron's Pandora-world - only this was made in 2007. But neither Natalka nor her gentleman friend are dying by breathing the atmosphere and they're not blue cat-people, so there are differences. And (spoiler alert) this video ends up being a dream. Anyhow, it's not entirely unpleasant. Oh, and speaking of translating titles, I figured out what "shmata" means. Ready for it? Tatters. There you go! Have a fine New Year's Eve.

No comments: