Tuesday, February 23, 2010

After Hours

Sylvie Vartan. Ballade pour une fugue avec Jean-Claude Brialy

Who the heck is Jean-Claude Brialy? Well, he was (he croaked in 2007) a French actor who starred in all these French "new wave" movies in the fifties and sixties. The guy liked to work hard; he was in 26 films between 1956 and 1959. I'm not exactly sure why Sylvie's so miffed at him in this clip. He's clearly stalking her - that's about the most romantic thing you can do for your French special lady. Well, he does end up with her. And check out that scarf! I think 1969 was officially the last year you could wear a scarf in that manner and not automatically be considered gay. Anyhow, this tune is really weird. With a little reworking, it could actually be very good. But that's for somebody else to do. I've just spent all day reworking five of my own creations, which accounts for my lack of blogging initiative. I'll have a lot more stuff tomorrow.

No comments: