Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sorry about All These Short-Winded Posts...

I know I tend to go on for a while about things, but I've been applying my expansive bloviational abilities towards writing this review. I pretty much spent this last weekend at On the Boards. As far as I could tell, I was the only guy to go to all five concerts. Most of them were, as the Germans say, fantastisch. There were only two bad pieces. The rest were OK to superior. In my review, I get into about as much detail as I can, but the tough part about being a reviewer is that you have to describe the music. It often defies description. I try to detail my reactions to any given piece as a way to avoid that trap. I may have partially succeeded this time. Perhaps the specimen that surpasses all others in this respect is this one from last year. I barely even discuss the music. My opinion about The Marriage of Figaro hasn't changed at all.

No comments: