Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How Slow Is the News Today?

Very. This is all I got:

The city has gone and put up this bike sign across the street. Uh, wow. Now you're able find Elliott Bay without bothering to turn your head. Hooray. And it also points you towards Pioneer Square. My directions to tourists are always: "Walk south. When you see all the bums and old buildings, you're there." So that's the news from Belltown. I'm tellin' ya, it's been a very slow news month, except of course for "The Incident" across the street last week. Speaking of the V-Bar, this sign is right out front. So far, no bullet holes! The only other bit of excitement around here was that my neighbor across the hall puked all over the main stairs and just outside her own door. Yeah, it wasn't really exciting; it was just kind of gross. I hope her hangover was severe. Me, I didn't hear any of the wretching. I slept right through it. Didn't hear a thing. And that was probably for the best. The Rivoli's manager cleaned it up in record time and was even almost cheerful about it. He's got two kids and they do a fair amount of barfing, so he's used to it. I'm still kind of skeeved out about the whole scene and I don't even know why I'm mentioning it. I guess that's what you do when the news is slow.

No comments: