Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Coming Soon to the Moore!


Not to be confused with Kathy Griffin, who was recently here. No, this one is a folk music fixture and not a famously second-rate comedienne. If you want to know more about her, check out her bio on the on the STG site. It's very looooong and detailed. You'll learn how much she paid for her first guitar and where Danial Lanois' Kingsway Studios is located, among other things. Speaking of folk music, did you know that A Prairie Home Companion is in town over at the Paramount? Yeah, I know, *groan.*" That has to be my least favorite show of all time. We're talking TV, radio, Internet or puppet. I would rather sit through an entire season of Growing Pains (or Groin Pains as we called it) than listen to a single show. One of my life's ambitions has been to punch Garrison Keillor in the face. I mean, how many 11-year-old banjo virtuosos can you have on your show before you drive your audience insane? I tried, I really tried to like the show, but there's only so much yodeling a man can take. If you love PHC, good for you. You obviously see something in it I don't, because for me, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for the entire running time. Gah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm guessing that those who like PHC also like the Capitol Steps and bowties.