Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Well, There's Your Problem!

I walked by the Icon Grill yesterday to have a look at exactly what fell on Friday. This wasn't altogether clear when I was there yesterday. Take a peek:

Basically, the entire facade fell onto the sidewalk. The reason why it was tough to tell is because it's been totally removed - at least what remained after it collapsed. So that's how it could be pronounced structurally sound and have this happen. The facade doesn't support anything, and in this case, nothing supported the facade. At this point, I'm pretty sure that the windstorm didn't cause this. It's just a coincidence. Hopefully, all Belltown buildings have gotten all the collapsing out of their systems for this year and beyond.

Oh, and by the way:

Needle bomb! Oh, by the way, I think I should mention that I kind of hate the Icon's marquee. Instead of being cool like the one at the Moore, it's just dopey and not at all clever. If they hired me, I could do a way better job. I'd totally offend people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I hate most about their marquee is when it says "Our dress code: Wear some". That doesn't even begin to make grammatical sense. It could make sense if they phrased it differently -- like maybe "Our clothing requirements: Wear some" or "Our dress code: Clothed" or almost anything else. But dress code/wear some does not compute.