Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome to the Neighborhood!

Remember Pita Xpress? Yeah, it sadly went under after just a few months of business. Well, it's something else now! Behold:

It's a cafe. And honestly, Belltown can always use another cafe. I say that without any sarcasm at all, because I truly believe it. The more, the merrier, I tell you what. I scoured the front looking for a sign and initially couldn't find one. So for a few seconds, I believed that its name was really this:

I turned it over in my head a few times ("I'm going over to the Breakfast Sandwich for a cup of tea." "Hey, I'll meet you at the Breakfast Sandwich at 10:00.") and just when it was starting to sound normal, I looked up and saw this:

It's a very tiny sign and there's no reason why anybody should see it, but I'll admit that Lucy's Corner is a slightly better name than Breakfast Sandwich. Anyhow, I wish them luck in that locale. It's been many things, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's been a cafe.