Friday, April 9, 2010

Coming Soon to the Moore!


To paraphrase the old joke about Philadelphia: first prize is a night of Spoon; second prize is two nights of Spoon. OK, I've heard something like four of their albums and I have to say that they're completely unremarkable. Maybe I wasn't listening to their best material but I found them mundane in the extreme. Listening to them made me never want to go near alt-country again, as their music seems to dwell in the land of cliches. Their stuff is either tremendously boring or far too familiar because of the aforementioned musical cliches that get thrown into most tracks. For anybody disagreeing with me, I have this to say: A Series of Sneaks. Yeah, it's a terrible album with a terrible title. It was so bad that their label dropped them after it was released. You'll notice that this clambake starts at 6:30. That's because there are three opening bands. OK, so there's another reason not to go. Third prize: three opening bands.

1 comment:

ChadK said...

Spoon? Alt-Country? Are you serious?

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

And for the record, there were only two opening bands.