Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dept. of Crappy Patch Jobs - Your Tax Dollars at Work

Sorry about no posts yesterday. I was up in Snohomish being a temporary country boy. Anyhow, so I was walking around on Friday. I come to 4th & Battery and this just jumps out at me:


It might be a little tough to see, but the middle part of the road is at least a few inches lower than the area around it. Tell me that they're not done with this! It's shoddiness incarnate! You take for granted that city engineering guys would know how to make a flat road, but I'm starting to have my doubts. Large stretches of 4th Avenue have been obliterated and replaced by weirdly-sloping concrete slabs (sorry, no pictures; just go down to 4th & Lenora to see what I mean). I have no idea what the city is up to, but the clear answer is becoming "no good." I like 4th Avenue, but after these "renovations," what man would have her?

No comments: