Monday, April 20, 2009

Make Way for Segways!

OK, so riding a Segway doesn't make you a dork. It only makes you look like one. Even Seattle meter maids (it's a unisex term, folks), with their snazzy black and blue stealth-wear, cannot make Segway riding look cool.

I was walking down Wall Street and I saw these five people at 4th Ave. on Segways, looking quite serious. In fact, to those of us without wheels and gyroscopes, they tried really hard to make it look like it was the most normal thing in the world. They failed. They still looked like tremendous dorks. Observe:

Yes, it's not a great picture, but if you look at it closely you'll see five people on Segways heading toward the Bayview Tower, the ugliest building in Belltown. Hey, I had to chase them for a block or so and the best I got was this lousy photo. I have long said that when Segway riders start organizing, we're all doomed. It was never a worry till now. I will keep you posted with any further sightings.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Last summer on Alki Drive I saw a policeman on a Segway that was enclosed and looked rather like a chariot.