Friday, April 10, 2009

Coming Soon to the Moore!


Ah, the Moore! It's a grand old place that kind of smells like a toilet these days. I suppose it's a bit of an improvement over how it smelled 10 years ago - like weed and a toilet. Anyhow, it's still a pretty good place for a show, and I intend to feature its marquee as often as I can.

This show looks pretty interesting, but I'm not going to go. I saw the Ventures when the EMP opened its ugly, ugly doors years ago. OK, I love the Ventures. I have something like 20 of their albums. Many of them are masterpieces. But I was frankly not too entertained by a bunch of old guys standing around phoning in tunes I'd already heard a million times before. It was kind of disappointing. No, I think I'll stay home and listen to The Ventures in Space.

As for the Wailers, I'm sure they're nice guys and all, but they're the Jan to the Sonics' Marsha. And you can quote me on that.

No comments: