Monday, August 2, 2010

Shangrow Dies

I don't know whether you've heard about this, but you can read the details here. George Shangrow was a pretty prominent figure in the local classical scene. Five years ago when I was trying like hell to put on my own large-scale music production, I partnered up with him. He ended up royally screwing me over. Because of him, the performance of my piece ended up costing thousands more and was delayed by almost a year. I'm pretty sure that the experience took 10 years off my life. I thought that at some point, our paths would cross again, so that I could clear the air with the guy. Well, that's not gonna happen. Shangrow was a great musician, a fine conductor and a nice enough guy, but he was not a man of his word. That is as ill as I'll speak of the dead. This was not a fitting end for him. He deserved better. Rest in peace, George.

No comments: