Monday, November 22, 2010

Breaking News: Snow!

For those unwilling or unable to look out a window, here's the scene:

It's snowing! Golly, it was just a few short weeks ago that we were wearing shorts because of that unexpected heatwave. OK, so it's snowing but not sticking. But it's accumulating in places. Observe:





Note one of Seattle's finest in the photo above, vigilantly protecting that parking lot (on the corner of 3rd & Virginia) from all who care to spread mayhem.

I really like the snow and the dramatic way it's treated around here is laughable. Having lived here for 20 years, I've never missed a day of work (when I was employed) because of it. I'd just walk to where I needed to be. My coworkers would eventually drift in, exuding weather-related melodrama like they'd just braved a hail of gunfire to get there. It's snow, people! Today, it's not even sticking. But if it keeps up, it will tonight. One can hope. I think I'll head off to Denny Park and see if I can't spot the elusive Snow Squirrel. That oughta make a nice calendar shot - if indeed there is to be a calendar. So far, nobody's given me any input. Come on, people, hop to it!

4 comments:

Jim said...

Count me in for a Denny squirrel calendar! I'll try to drum up some sales at the Parks Department.

Jim said...

I'll bet you Whole Foods would carry them in an effort to get the neighbors to hate them less.

Anonymous said...

Yes for snow squirrels!! As I commented in your last post, count me in for 1 (one) calendar!

Anonymous said...

Since it was my idea, of course I will buy one...