Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Coming Soon to the Moore!


I should really call this "Recently Gone from the Moore," since I'm still having trouble in the Enthusiasm-for-Belltown department. I have yet to figure out what these celebrity chefs do when they're in front of audiences. I'm pretty sure they don't cook. In Bourdain's case, he probably talks about being a drug addict. There's always a lot of mileage in that. Personally, I like him, because he's a jerk and he's not ashamed of it. On TV, he's always best when he's put in an uncomfortable situation or made to eat gross food. On the plane back to Seattle, I watched an episode of No Reservations where he went to Australia and hung out with all of his chef friends. Boring! However, when he went to Iceland, was ridiculed by bodybuilders and given fermented shark and jellied sheep's brains, now that was entertaining! So does he just tell stories or does he do a little tap dancing? Does anybody know what happens at these functions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think he was talking about/reading from his newest book -- and probably telling other stories, too. He was on NPR for an hour this morning -- the 9:00am hour of Weekday or whatever. He was vastly entertaining, actually. I would not have thought he could just talk at an audience for an extended period of time, but I think he was probably really great.